Friday, May 30, 2008

Much Prayer Needed


Hey everyone! I decided to just put a prayer request up here so you guys could be aware.
I have been speaking with a contact from Christchurch in Newport, Wales about being a part of the GAP team (Grow And Proclaim; part of Sovereign Grace) that will travel to Wales in September and live there for a year. The purpose is to be equipped with evangelistic training, grow in spiritual gifts, and then they will go on a 3 week (I think) mission trip, which will most likely be to Uganda. :)
This is just a very brief "blurb" about the trip, but feel free to ask me questions (though I probably won't have answers at this point). I would greatly appreciate your prayers, and anything you believe the Lord is prompting you to tell me, please feel free to email or call me.
I see this opportunity as very exciting and I believe God has given me faith to pursue it until (if) He shuts the door. But as of right now, I'm moving ahead. I will most likely find out next week if the trip is "a go" for me, so I will keep you posted.

Thanks in advance for your prayers!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Wow! This would be so exciting for you... I know you've been praying about something like this to come along for a while and to see something that seems like such an answer to prayer is exciting! I'm not too happy about the going away for so long part, but I never have been. ;-) I'll be praying for you Steph, God is so good! Keep me updated.. when would you leave?? =)

Steph said...

Yah, I would leave the beginning of September and return the end of July '09. We get 2 "holidays": Christmas and Easter, but that's only if we have the funds to PAY for a trip back home. That's the hard part to swallow. =\ But I know that God will work everything out if I'm supposed to go!

Vanessa Marie Fernandez said...

Wow! That's crazy, but I'm very excited for you. I will be praying!

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Um. Yeah. No.