Tuesday, June 5, 2007

STFOG

Most of my quotes will be coming from the book Seeking The Face Of God, as I just finished reading it a few days ago. It's an life-changing book (at least for me) by Gary Thomas that dives into what it truly means to seek after God. Gary's book is chock-full of quotes from other authors or "the ancients" as he commonly refers to such wise writers and thinkers as Augustine, de Sales, and Fenelon. I love that he isn't trying to "re-invent the wheel", so to speak. He reaches back into the past and pulls out little nuggets of truth that others' eyes have been opened to by God. That's a mark of humility right there, because Gary doesn't take credit for someone else's work! I love it!

1 comment:

lawrence said...

Steph,
I love how you say Gary Thomas isn't trying to "re-invent the wheel" but is crediting other people for his book...and yet you give no mention as to where you got "reinventing the wheel" from. Good idea for a blog btw.