Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's Just Us

I sat down to update my blog just now, and noticed that the last time I posted was only 2 weeks prior to more excitement that was added to my life.

On April 27, 2013 Drew asked me to be his wife in the middle of a field in Clermont. I couldn't be happier as I exclaimed through tears that I loved him and, oh yeah...YES! The next 9 months were absolutely insane! I was never the little girl that had my wedding colors picked out by the time I was 12, or even 20. So I had a LOT of decisions to make, but I also had a great person to help me make these decisions. I could not have planned my wedding without my fiance and I'm so grateful he was so willing to help. He kept me level-headed and helped us stay mostly on budget (please let me know if you would like some wedding planning tips!).

On February 1, 2014 I became Mrs. Andrew Michael Kress. My heart continues to overflow with happiness when I think about that special day. There were so many things that went "wrong" leading up to it, including having 2 of my bridesmaids drop out of the wedding only a month before the big day. But things happened the way they were supposed to. We got married in a catholic church on Park Ave, then danced and ate next to dinosaur bones at the Science Center. People told us it was the most unique wedding they've ever been to, especially when someone decided to "plug in" the T-Rex and he started moving! :)
My favorite moment of the entire day, though, was when I finally got to dance with my husband. I had felt bits of emotion throughout the day, but when I was finally encircled by our closest friends and family, and our song (Turning Page - by Sleeping At Last) came on...and I was finally in the arms of my Tall Boy...I fell apart with joy. I was so grateful for the people standing with us who had stood by us throughout our relationship, I was so happy with the song we chose since music is so important to both of us, and I was beyond-words-excited to finally have Andrew, my HUSBAND, holding me...dancing with me. It was such a special moment.
For more pictures, please feel free to check out my personal Facebook page with the album here.
Also, our gift to all of our wedding guests (and beyond) was a little picture-video-song that we put together, which you can view here. :) Enjoy! 

No comments: