Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Time Goes By...

Yes I'm back. I know, it's been almost three years since my last post and a LOT has happened since then. I've loved and lost, both people, cars, and jobs. I've met new people, found a new purpose, and discovered a new outlook on life. I'm more ME than I was back then, though I know that can be said of many people. 
Because so much time has lapsed and so much has happened, I'll focus on one event per post (for now). 

I've met and fallen in love with the most wonderful man on the planet. He is a kind, loving, caring, compassionate soul.
Andrew and I met at a bar...yes. We have a mutual friend, Miles. Miles and I worked for the same company and kept in touch through FaceBook after he left. At the beginning of November '11, I told him my brother was playing a show near downtown Orlando and that he should come. On 11.11.11, armed with my Nikon D80 I went alone to my brother's show. Miles said he was bringing his buddy Drew. The 3 of us met up and hung out, talking and laughing the entire night.
I personally didn't notice any fireworks at first sight, but probably because neither was I "on the prowl". My heart had been broken only six months prior, and I was sure I would never love again. Silly me to think I know God's plan for my life.
At the end of the night, I parted ways with Drew and Miles. As I was walking back to my car, I got a text from Miles saying "my buddy Drew is in love with you!" I giggled.
Over the next few weeks, the boys got me to come over and hang out with them while their band practiced, as we had discussed me singing with them at a gig or two in the future. Never happened. ;) But I did get to spend time with this six foot four, blue eyed fella. So it was a good trade from my point of view. It wasn't until I invited Drew over to my house to work on writing some songs that I realized I had feelings for him.
We continued to text, talk, and hang out, spending more and more time together. And on December 26th, 2011 we went on our first date. Drew is such a caring person that he asked ME if I wanted to meet him anywhere in particular for dinner. We decided on PR's Taco Palace, then walked up and down Park Avenue, then went to Shipyards to grab a beer and talk some more. The evening engulfed us as we talked and talked and talked. There was no pressure to be someone I'm not. There was no expectations of where the date would go or how long this would last. There was just us. And that's how it's been for the past (almost) year and a half that we've been together. :)
We've certainly experienced fights, tears, harsh words. We've also had to walk through Drew having 2 surgeries, me losing my job unexpectedly, and financial difficulties for both of us...and that was just over the course of 7 months! But we both believe God brought us together to bring inexplicable happiness to each other and also to help one another through the tough times that have only strengthened our relationship.
Drew compliments me. His life, his character, his personality, are a perfect fit for the good and not-so-good aspects of my life...and vice-versa.








No comments: