Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moments

Do you ever have those little moments of pure freedom? Maybe you have those frequently and you know exactly what I'm talking about. Or maybe you've never had that moment and you feel as though you're being suffocated as you read this. Or perhaps you simply don't care. Regardless, this is my blog so I want to share my 'moment' with you. =)
My 'moment' came on a beautiful warm afternoon...the kind of warm that is subtle, yet readily welcomed by a Florida girl who's experienced one too many consistently chilling days. This warm afternoon, coupled with eating lunch by a lake with friends, led to driving away from the park by myself...windows rolled down, singing in that "I don't care if you can hear me, in fact I really hope you can" voice...driving with my knees, one arm hanging out the window, the other stretched across the front seat, wind tousling my hair. THIS. This was my moment of freedom. I hadn't accomplished anything in particular that day. I hadn't 'rebelled' against authority (to my knowledge) so it wasn't a "bad girl" freedom. It was simply, "I'm free. I'm alive, I am who I am because that's who God made me".
This was my moment. What was yours?

No comments: