Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Can Hear the Bells...

Well my sister FINALLY got married! =) And OH, what a beautiful, joyous, anointed occasion it was!

I am so very happy for my sister and new bro-in-law, though I'm still getting used to the idea of them being married. My sister was THE most beautiful bride I've ever seen. Truly. And I've seen a few. But no amount of makeup, hairspray, or curls can even compare to the kind of beauty that radiates from the soul! My sis has truly found the man of her dreams and you couldn't have contained her excitement that day even if you had held her down. ;) Her attitude throughout the whole day was amazing. Not once did she turn into "bridezilla".

Emotionally, I did fine all day...then the wedding started. :) I got goosebumps as the Pride & Prejudice music crescendoed (sp?), and then...I saw my dad walking Jenn up the aisle. Yup. I lost it at that point. My big sis was ACTUALLY getting married. This wasn't just a dream I was having because she and I had stayed up late the night before plotting and scheming our "future weddings". This was real. Dad was REALLY giving her away, they were REALLY saying their vows to each other (which also made me cry), and Jenn REALLY became Mrs Jennifer Fountain. =) What a blessing to be involved in such a glorious event as this. WHAT a blessing to be able to stand by a friend and your sister, in full confidence that God had brought these two together...not just their emotions. My sister and new brother-in-law officially began their life together on February 5, 2010 and I'm so excited to see what the Lord has in store for their future together, as a married couple. =)

Please go to Kristen's Blog to get a taste of what the wedding was like!

P.s. Even though they got married in the spring, you'll notice Jenn still got to have her fall/winter wedding that she's always wanted. Just thought I'd point that out. =)

3 comments:

dating virgin said...

can i please just tell you how hilarious i think it is that february is spring to you in florida? love love.

miss you friend!!

Unknown said...

um wow. steph, wow!!! this is so precious! i just didn't realize the emotion you experience. sooooo precious! i love you so much and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you were a part of this day! thank you for your overwhelming joy, stephanie. you truly blessed us both!!!!

love,
Demper :)

mark said...

this is beautiful steph. =)