Monday, November 17, 2008

Please welcome...Brynn Elizabeth!

My dear friend Noelle just had her baby this morning, and I had the GLORIOUS privelege of being there just after Brynn came into the world! Noelle and George chose to try for a home-birth, knowing that God could very well have a different plan than theirs. But God was SO kind to allow everything to go smoothly for them! Noelle was dilated 4cm as of 6:20 AM, and then 2 hours later she pushed for about 1/2 an hr (I think?) and gave birth to Brynn, all 7lbs 2oz of her, at 8:32 AM!
This was my first time being able to be a part of such a joyous occasion as this (outside of my own family) so I was as happy as if I were part of the family! =) Noelle, my wonderful friend of 10+ years, is now a mommy. This is surreal for me, as a friend...imagine how surreal it is for the parents! =)
The gift of a human life is more precious than one can express! I know there will be many sleepless nights, poopy diapers, and bad attitudes to deal with in the future. But...wow! One of the first things I heard Noelle say when I got to their house was, "Wow, I can't believe SHE was INSIDE of me!" Even though childbirth was cursed because of Adam and Eve in the Garden, how KIND of God to bless us with such elation when the baby finally enters this world!
To the right is George with little Brynn. I know it's blurry but it was the first picture I got of him w/ his new daughter!

And THIS is momma and baby. =)

5 comments:

Janelle Morrison said...

Hip Hip Horray! Thanks for blogging, Steph.

I miss you.

Colleen Moore said...

Yay!

I'm bummed I missed the whole pregnancy, but I'm so glad she's here! =D

I miss you Stephie...but thanks for singing for me whenever I want you to. heehee =D

Noelle said...

Yay! Thank you so much for being there Steph.. It meant a lot to have you there, I am so glad you could make it. Love you so much! You need to come over and spend some more time with us. =)

Vanessa Marie Fernandez said...

What a beautiful family!

(oh, and I tagged you on my blog)

I'm Kristen said...

Awww! SO cute-ness!