Monday, July 28, 2008

Note To Self....

When wandering around Downtown Disney with your friends, guard your personal belongings as if you're on the streets of New York...otherwise you will end up like me.

Yes, I was at Downtown Disney this past Friday night with some people from Metro and some people from the Fort Lauderdale church (we had SO much fun!). We were walking out to the parking lot at the end of the night (little did I know it was just the beginning!) when I realized I didn't have my phone on me. The group stopped and we were trying to figure out where I could have left it. Meanwhile, I look over at my sister and was convinced she had it or had given it to someone else as a joke because she was kind of smirking! Turns out she was just smiling....for some reason. ;)

Angie, one of the girls from Fort L called my phone and when she said "hello?" we all stopped to look at her...I totally did NOT expect someone to pick up my phone...don't know why. Anyway, some man had picked up my phone and would curse at my poor friends whenever they tried to call him to find out where he was, and to convince him this wasn't his phone (apparently he sounded, uhh, intoxicated. He finally turned the phone off so we would stop calling him, which caused my persistent, patient friends to resort to texting him, informing him that "this isn't your phoone. My friend lost it in downtown disney. Please call so we can get it back to her." =) We ended up splitting into 2 groups, to backtrack our steps, but to no avail. I filled out a report at Guest Relations but even the guy behind the counter could not offer me any sort of hope when I explained what happened.

So, I was able to get a new phone (after much difficulty with the Verizon fellas) very similar to this one. Thus, the moral of the story is: Never let a drunk guy steal your phone. =P

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! What fun we had at that Verizon store! "Don't waste your life!"

It's so sad how we lose things, very important things for example, a pair of God sent sunglasses that will never be found again...HEART WRENCHING!

flfreckles.blogspot.com said...

I have to say from what I saw you handled it very well. I am glad you have a phone now :)

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Dave pulled out a silver razor and held it in plain sight the entire time so i thought he was trying to clue you in to the fact that he had stolen...uh, borrowed!...it. Then when y'all took off i realized that it really was gone and nobody was playing a joke. :o( I'm so glad you got a new one, though!!!!!

Janelle Morrison said...

...and how do you propose we do this? Not letting drunk men steal our phones?...

=)

Unknown said...

Wow this is one of the better stories you've ever told...wink. :-D

Steph said...

Ouch Janelle! I have NO idea what you're talking about? You mean, you're glad it didn't take me 3 months to post the whole story? ;)

Angie Baez said...

Thanks for the shout out, haha