Monday, June 16, 2008

Wales Update

Hello my friends!

I just wanted you to know that I've made the decision to not go to Wales this year. After much prayer, counsel, and tears I believed that God had not given me a peace about going this year. The main drawback was the financial aspect of this opportunity. Alot of things financially were NOT falling into place like I had hoped they would, and alot of things here at home WERE falling into place, as far as relationships and job details.
Thank you all SO much for your prayers and encouragements and questions! I definitely need them all the time. =) And just so you know, this doesn't mean that I'm totally crossing Wales off "the list" of places to go on mission trips. I'm actually going to be saving now, in hopes that I would be able to go next year, if they do the GAP team program next September. It has been such a good experience to go through this thinking/discerning process and to find out where my heart really was on certain issues. The Holy Spirit revealed a lot of sin in my heart and has been so wonderful in helping me deal with it.

So for now, I will remain in the U.S. of A. =) But I am continuing to pray about where God would send me and how He desires to use me in my local church and in the community!

3 comments:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Hurray for Stephanie staying home!!! :O) I respect the way you walked through this, Steph!!! You did a great job!!

Love you!
Demper

Vanessa Marie Fernandez said...

I'm glad to hear the Lord is leading you - and even more glad to hear how you are submitting to his will.

I will continue to pray for you!
you have a special place in my heart! love you.

Unknown said...

Aw Steph! I love how you have humbly made this decision not based on what you want, but based on wisdom. Thanks for your example!