Friday, July 27, 2007

Wales

Well, where do I begin? I guess the first day would be a good start...going into it, I had no idea what lay in store for 20 crazy Americans taking 10 hours to cross the big puddle...into a land flowing with sheep and accents.
It wasn't until I was already locked tight and sealed shut inside the big bird that I realized what KIND of a trip we were in for. I stared at the odd man in front of me in horror as he wrapped his airline blanket around him and began to contort his face in ways I never thought humanly possible.
Then it came upon an afternoon clear when we met the fearless leaders of the church. Ahh, yes. Captain Garreth himself, and his trusty sidekick Tony. They, together with their super powers, single-handedly scooped all 20 of us up and led us to their mighty carriages. With the wisdom of thousands, they thrust our luggage into the "boot" with a single bound! I had never seen such precision. As we glided through the country-side with the wind on our faces, I pondered the looming future, which led me to wonder: What will my host family be like? What will we do this week? How well do I WANT to get to know my team members? Is that drool coming out of ........'s mouth? (TO BE CONTINUED).....

6 comments:

Jenn Romanski said...

ha. you leave me hanging on the edge of my seat! can't wait to hear more of the same.... :-)

overthinker said...

"ello love." brilliant. i can't wait to see how colourful you paint the rest of the trip...
i think i'll send anybody who asks me about details to your blog, 'k?

haha.

Taraleigh said...

Steph, it sounds like you have had to many chocolate covered digestives! :)

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Um...hilarious! :o) I'm SO glad we're both back!!!!!!!!!! Me no likey either. ;o)

Katherine Peschau said...

I along with Jenn Romanski can not hold onto the edge of my seat anymore. PLEASE DO TELL MORE!
By the way AMAZING job this past Sunday. Worship was AWESOME!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Mom said: I was hoping you'd bring me back a little lamb, but I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip, and that you're back home, safe and sound!